The Guardian has listed the top 10 tools that have had the most impact on our lives. This blog post was inspired by a Twitter contact skambalu and this tweet "Updated my blog Ten ICT changes in the last decade: There is a very interesting article in the G.. http://bit.ly/1NCcPQ"
Here is that list of top 10 tools by The Guardian:
4 Comment Is Free
5 BBC iPlayer
9 iTunes U
I would like to write my personal top ten list:
1. Blogs - I started blogging with a Grade 3 class back in 2006 about 4 years ago. It changed my whole perspective on teaching and learning in the digital age.
2. Macbook Pro - I bought my first Macbook 2 years ago and after only a few weeks wondered why it took me so long to convert to Mac. Needless to say I am now an Apple Distinguished Educator.
3. Facebook - this enables me to connect with childhood friends, friends who have moved overseas, family, colleagues, past students and even present students. It is the ultimate social site.
4. iPhone - it is always in my hand. To have a phone that is so tactile, carries my music, my email, my photos, my videos, connects me to the world and helps me to get to my next destination - what can I say? I love my iPhone
5. Twitter - awesome, my lifeline, my professional link to the ICT world.
6. iTunes Online Store - it's so easy and fast. Access to music, videos, podcasts and apps.
7. You Tube - I love to check out You Tube. I learn so much from how to use new software, to what's new, to something creative. Love it!
8. Google - a constant source of information - anywhere, anytime.
9. Canon Ixus - always in my handbag, ready to take any picture or video (that happens a lot!) with a sharp image result.
10. Email - I have taken this one for granted - it has almost become a 'hidden' technology.