Wednesday 17 November 2010

Smartboard + JacksonPollock.org

The Pre Kindergarten students at Sinarmas World Academy are currently working on a Unit of Inquiry all about Explorations. This is essentially learning about their world. The students have been exploring the world of Art by using different painting techniques. I came across an online site jacksonpollock.org which has a free tool that allows any user to create Jackson Pollock styled digital artwork. It is fun and simple to use. All you to is click and drag and the page will be soon filled with splashes and streaks of different colored paint.

When this tool is used with a Smartboard, the user can operate it with their fingers.

The Pre K students tried it out recently. It was a lot of fun and we were able to easily save each child's painting by making a screen capture. The students also took turns to play with a similar tool on my iPad called Random Pollock

Here is a video that I took of the lesson. One little boy really took on the whole Jackson Pollock style by jumping around and really throwing his whole body into creating the patterns on the Smartboard.

2 comments:

  1. This was awesome Jane. You have a real voice for video creation. See this is why I wish we had a blogging community at school, so all our teachers could see things like this and become inspired.

    We don't need to connect globally, just here on campus would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I feel that our teachers miss so much. I used to put links in the daily bulletin - but I feel like that's not the same as it was. I'm just running flat out trying to keep ahead. It was nice to see your class today. I'm going to copy your search engine list from your blog to this one. I often need to suggest kid-friendly search engines and your list has a few that I didn't know about.

    ReplyDelete